Replacing a Sewer Line
Schuyler Simons, Trident Plumbing shows the beginning steps, including the trenching needed for the Sewer Drain Line Replacement and rerouting of a homeowner’s sewer drain pipe in North Texas.
To view the full video of sewer line replacement and rerouting CLICK HERE here
How do I know If My Sewer Drain Line Needs to be Repaired or Replaced?
- If sewage backs up every time, or almost every time, you flush the toilet, the problem could be your main sewer line. All your home’s drains rely on the main sewer line so if more than one toiler is having a problem, then it is probably your main sewer drain.
- Sewage Smells
- An intact main sewer line should be airtight, meaning no odors should escape the pipes. If you start to smell something foul, however, that could mean a leak in the main sewer line. If the scent of rotten eggs and sewage starts leaking out of your drains, it’s time to call a plumber.
- One small crack in a water or sewer line can cause enough water to leak into your home, resulting in mold growth. Because mold is very harmful to your health, contact a plumber is you notice mold on the walls or ceilings.
- Slow drains.
- When the simple unclogging methods don’t work on a clogged drain, the problem could be a blockage somewhere in the main sewer line.
- Extra Full patches of grass.
- Your lawn may be looking extra lush than usual, because sewage acts as a fertilizer, so if you have patches of very green grass, it could be from a leaking sewer line.
- Cracks in the Foundation.
- A damaged main sewer line can cause structural damage to your home. Broken sewer lines left untreated over time can lead to cracks in your home’s foundation or sinkholes.
- Septic waste pools in the yard.
- If your yard smells foul and there’s a pool of dirty, stinky water that won’t go away, the problem could be a cracked main sewer line.
- Constant Plumbing Problems
- If it seems you’re constantly experiencing plumbing problems, it’s most likely an issue you can’t fix without professional help. A licensed plumber can not only detect that cause of the problem but safely repair or replace your main sewer line if needed.