Thermostatic Mixing Valve Replacement
Trident plumbing experts can replace the thermostatic mixing valve on any water heater. The purpose of the thermostatic mixing valve is to provide Anti-Scald protection to homeowners. Remember the days where someone flushing a toilet while you were in the shower, could end up in hot scalding water hitting your back? Thermostatic Mixing Valves help mitigate that risk.
We work with many manufacturers to use reliable Thermostatic Mixing Valves for the safe and accurate control of water temperature from point-of
source to point-of-use. We only use valves that adhere to the American Society of Sanitary Engineering (ASSE) Standards 1016, 1017, 1069, and 1070.
What does a Thermostatic Mixing Valve Do?
The primary function of a thermostatic mixing valve is to regulate the water temperature on the supply side of the distribution system and:
- Limit mixed hot water to a desired, selectable temperature
- Enable safe, accurate control of hot water from its source regardless of how the supply temperatures or pressures vary over time
- Provide more precise control than pressure balancing mixing valves
Controlling the temperature of the water source can mitigate the risk of scalding, thermal shock and Legionella Bacteria.
Do thermostatic mixing valves go bad?
How to tell if it is going bad
- Your water temperature isn’t right – your hot water suddenly starts to run hotter than it should.
- Your water doesn’t flow normally – you see a reduction in water pressure.
- You have leaks or drips
If your water temperature isn’t right – it could be the water heater or the thermostatic mixing valve. These are two items that you do not want to wait til the fail to call a certified plumber. Contact our experts today.