That nagging drip from your kitchen sink may not seem like much, but those drips add up. Ongoing drips or leaks can lead to water damage under your sink and behind your kitchen cabinets – which can lead to mold. Dripping faucets also raise a homeowner’s water bill.
Our licensed plumbers and technicians can help with kitchen faucet repair & installation.
Trident Plumbing will help with the repair and installation of:
- Kitchen sink faucets
- Hot water dispensers, Pot-filler faucets
- Outdoor kitchens
- Wet Bar Faucets
Faucets are one of the top 5 on the list of inquiries that we get at Trident Plumbing. Our experts are experienced with a wide range of sink faucets from different manufacturers. The team is trained to repair disk, ball, cartridge, or compressed faucets. This allows them to complete faucet installations and repairs quickly and without any leaks or defects.
Causes of Dripping Kitchen Faucets
There are many causes to dripping faucets. Some are simple repairs for homeowners, but most require professional help.
- Faucet Seals
- The inlet and outlet seals of faucets can wear out over time, due to water sediment that corrode parts of the faucet. Trident Plumbing recommends that you clean the whole faucet regularly to help prevent this issue.
- Valve seat
- The valve seat connects the faucet to the spout and can corrode over time. You can tell that the valve seat has failed because the water mostly drips from around the spout.
- The O-rings help the handle stay in place. They can loosen and wear out over time. If an O-ring has failed, the water will drip near the handles.
- Loose or broken parts
- A dripping faucet dues to loose parts is easy to fix, though sometimes it still can require a plumber’s assistance if the part is difficult to locate.
- When a washer rubs directly against the valve seat, it wears down faster than other parts of the faucet and can cause a leak, especially if it was not installed properly.
- Water pressure
- If you notice the dripping faucet happens when other water fixtures are in use, the water pressure is probably the issue. We advise you to give us a call at Trident Plumber if there is a water pressure issue.
When to Call a Plumber
- If you have tried to clean the faucet or replace the seal or O-rings and your faucet is still dripping.
- If you cannot locate the cause of the drip.
- Broken plumbing pipes or fixtures.
- When the valve seat causes dripping, the problem must be fixed by a plumber because removal of the valve seat requires a special wrench called the seat wrench.
- If there are parts that may be loose that are much farther down in the pipes than homeowners are able to reach.
- A plumber can also diagnose and confirm the real reason for the drip when a homeowner may simply be playing the guessing game.
- IF you have any worn seals, we recommend having a plumber replace the worn seals to ensure that they are installed correctly.
- If seals are not installed properly, water will continue to drip through. Our plumbers will replace both the inlet and the outlet seal.
or complete the form below