Gas Water Heater Installation & Repair
At Trident Plumbing, we are specialists in water heater repair and installation. Whether your water heater is leaking, rusted out, or outdated, we can help you in understanding the best options available for your budget and household.
Our certified plumbers can help you best determine if you need your current water heater repaired or replaced. If you need a replacement, our team can walk you through the different types of water heaters available to determine if your replacement should be a standard or tankless water heater.
Video- Water Heater Installation
Trident Water Heater Brands
- Navien Tankless Water Heaters
- Ecosmart Tankless
How to Determine if You Have a Gas Water Heater
- Gas water heaters have a pilot light – If you remove the access panel on the side of the water heater and see a blue flame – that is the pilot light.
- Electric Water Heaters have an electrical cord that looks like extension cord on the top of the water heater.
- Gas heaters have black pipe going into the bottom of the tank that is about ½-inch thick and black. This is a gas pipe.
- Gas heaters also have a vent pipe for the exhaust. A vent pipe is usually a 3- or 4-inch PVC pipe that a gas heater requires because the fan and motor inside the water heater force exhaust created by the gas out into this vent and outside.